Requisition ID: 45501
Location: Presence St Joseph Elgin
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: varied by position
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
Compassionate care is our calling, is it yours? The opportunity exists to make a real difference in the lives of the patients through high-quality, holistic care delivered within an environment that is guided by a strong sense of purpose.
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs various duties under the direction and supervision of a professional licensed nurse to assist the nursing staff in meeting patient treatment and care requirements. All duties are carried out in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by the licensed nurse and communicates patient's response.
- Performs routine procedures e.g. blood glucose monitoring, vital signs, heights, weights, intake and output and the collections of urine, stool and sputum specimens.
- Documents care per departmental standards in electronic medical record.
- Assists with patients' activity and providing a safe environment.
- Observes patients while performing delegated tasks and reports significant findings regarding patient safety, personal needs and changes in patient's condition to the licensed nurse.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required. One year of experience preferred.
Knowledge of EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Nursing Assistant certification required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
Business Unit: Presence Health