Requisition ID: 39594
Location: Presence Holy Family Med Ctr
100 North River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Direct, coordinate and facilitate activities of the Quality Improvement Department. Assist with leading and facilitating performance improvement activities of the Medical Center to support the implementation of the Quality and Patient Safety Plan Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies including publicly reported quality initiatives and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as an internal Performance Improvement consultant to the medical center departments and the medical staff by staying appraised of the most current PI practices and standards. Provide consultation to departments and multidisciplinary teams; facilitate PI teams including the Failure Mode and Effects Analysis Team. Work closely with teams and physician leaders to ensure quality processes are followed and quality tools are utilized in activities.
- Review, collect and analyze data to track and identify opportunities for clinical performance improvement including Hospital Acquired Conditions and AHRQ Quality and Patient Safety Indicators. Share information with appropriate committees and Medical Center Departments for action plan development.
- Serve as a resource for the Medical Staff, Nursing and Ancillary department for developing and implementing continuous quality improvement monitors.
Participate in RCA/Sentinel event teams and process review teams by assisting with development of timelines, frameworks and action planning
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- RN required. Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Hospital Administration or related healthcare field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Three to five progressively responsible experience in a hospital environment to ensure thorough working knowledge of hospital operations and regulatory requirements. Previous experience in hospital based quality program preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in principles and tools of performance improvement including team facilitation, techniques for idea generation, problem solving and statistical process control.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality according to Medical Center policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software; Meditech Order processing systems; and Kronos Payroll systems.
- Proficiency in various software programs including Midas + CPMS and Midas +Datavision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current State of Illinois RN licensure.
Business Unit: Presence Holy Family Med Cntr
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability