Requisition ID: 65048
Ministry: PLC Home Health Suburban
Location: Presence Home Care Chicago
2380 E Dempster Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016 United States (US)
Department: 20290045 CHI Nursing
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Licensed Professional Nurse (LPN) - Home Health practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience the nursing process and leadership skills. Coordinates family involvement in the treatment, continuing care of the patient, and ensures completion of patient care tasks by appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
2. Utilizes the caring behaviors of empathy, active listening and cultural sensitivity and supports patient dignity.
3. Receives assignments and provides nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within scope of Status Nurse Practice Act.
4. Documents care per documentation standards.
5. Provides patient/family education.
6. Identifies and reports deviations from safe practice. Adheres to guidelines of safety, and the policies and procedures governing infection control.
7. Communicates and collaborates with other members of the health care team toward resolution of patient care problems and enhancement of care delivery.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensed Practical Nurse with current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Valid driver's license, access to a vehicle and proof of auto insurance required.
Business Unit: PLC Home Health Suburban
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability