Requisition ID: 42163
Location: Presence Holy Family Med Ctr
100 North River Road, Des Plaines, IL 60016 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Presence Health is looking for a Lead Applications Analyst to add to their Epic Willow Team
The Lead Application Analyst influences the enhancement of processes, procedures and workflows within the Information Systems department. Leads strategic development of the enterprise application environment. Leads and mentors less experienced team members and provides input on performance evaluations. Leads the team in analyzing issues, identifying root causes, developing and recommending key work products. Drives and directs quality work efforts including the complex evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business solutions. Develops, manages and tests disaster recovery solutions. Performs complex and often unique work assignments. Advises management on issues. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Presence Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Change and Release Management: Designs and trains team on sound IT production and change management methods to all areas of Enterprise Systems. Actively communicates changes within the IT application environment to all affected parties proactively and in an effective manner. Establishes and enforces strict testing and deployment methodologies for Enterprise Systems and encompassing devices. Develops and provides statistics on success and impact of changes. Creates, implements and manages data workflow diagrams for each application in the Enterprise environment to support optimal performance.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuation: Designs and implements the processes to establish and maintain key clinical and financial application systems to enhance the patient, physician and associate experience. This includes controlled observation and evaluation of new systems and methodologies. Schedules tests and documentation review and/or revision quarterly. Provides reporting to management.
- Capacity, Configuration and Application Management: Analyzes data and/or coordinates application enhancements, software upgrades and new system implementations, including interfaces, data conversion, archival and decommissioning of applications. Supports and maintains existing application software and creates ad hoc reports when applicable. Performs proactive remediation and management of system functionality, performance and/or identification of consistent reoccurring issues reported within an application. Independently resolves complex problems, facilitates resolution and reports critical findings to leadership in a timely manner. Provides guidance to vendor in understanding Presence Health business process flows and challenges vendor to identify and implement the best solution.
- Availability/Incident Management: Coordinates management of timely resolution or escalation of problems within the Enterprise Application environment. This includes maintaining the system operations in accordance with all regulatory requirements with primary focus on confidentiality and HIPAA Security Regulations. This also includes understanding global impact across the business continuum related to application interdependencies. Initiates and conducts root cause analysis protocol when necessary.
- Priority Management: Must manage many assignments at one time, balancing resources, priorities, deadlines and time. Responsibilities include acting as team leader, application lead or both. Fosters collaboration across multiple departments, disciplines and groups. Must also be able to work independently. Communicates priorities to the team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an expert level of analytical ability to find solutions to difficult application or administrative problems, to determine economic feasibility or options available, and to assess time involved in system changes. Thorough documentation skills are required
- Expert level of application knowledge and thorough understanding of business operations
- Must be able to communicate the impact and solutions of application/system problems in business language
- Requires a professional approach in all situations
- Must be able to lead teams and resolve conflicts
- Ability to work any hours to support 24/7 operations
- Availability to travel between ministries and business partners
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Science, Financials, Business or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of experience as a programmer, analyst or "super user"
- Advanced experience designing, installing, maintaining and configuring healthcare software applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Required and Preferred
- If participating in the Epic EHR program, associate must achieve Epic certification on designated EHR modules within 90 days of attending vendor training and must maintain certification with every upgrade to retain position
- Other certifications may be required when supporting all non-Epic applications where industry dictates or preferred as best practice
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability