Requisition ID: 60840
Location: Dempster Offices
2380 East Dempster Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016-4839 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Home Health Aide cares for patients in their homes, under the direction of the nursing and medical staff, providing various personal care services as necessary to meet patient/client needs. Responsible for observing patients/clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the RN, assists patients in maintaining personal hygiene, take temperature, blood pressure, weight and keep patient's immediate surroundings in order as requested in accordance with policies and procedures as evidenced by the competencies listed.
- Assists in meal planning and feeding if necessary.
- Helps in the self administration of medication.
- Aids in ambulation and exercise according to the plan of care.
- Reports of condition and significant changes to the case manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- One year of experience as Certified Nurse Assistant (C.N.A.) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must be certified as a C.N.A. in state of Illinois.
Business Unit: PLC Home Health Suburban
Department Name: CHI HH Aide