Requisition ID: 50219
Location: Dempster Offices
2380 East Dempster Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016-4839 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Applications Developer I understands processes, procedures and application software solutions within the Information Systems department. Receives guidance from more experienced team members on new system development requests. Contributes to the team in analyzing issues, identifying root causes, developing and recommending key work solutions. Participates in quality work efforts including evaluation, development, implementation, integration of internal and external business code objects. Maintains and tests disaster recovery solutions. Seeks assistance in moderate work assignments. Advises management on issues. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Presence Health.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Analytical skills required
- Beginner level of programming skills and understanding of business operations
- Reporting skills utilizing SQL Server Reporting Service when applicable
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- SQL skills
- Ability to write simple ad hoc database queries, using application database tools
- Must be able to communicate the impact and solutions of application/software problems in business language
- Requires a professional approach in all situations
- Must be able to effectively participate in teams and conflict resolutions
- Ability to work any hours to support 24/7 operations
- Availability to travel between ministries and business partners
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Science, or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of experience as an application programmer, application developer, or software developer OR equivalent role
- Experience designing, coding, programming and reporting development for software applications
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Required and Preferred
- If participating on the PeopleSoft program, associate must have successfully completed the following courses: People Tools I, People Code, Application Engine, XML Publisher, Integration Tools I
- If participating on the Epic EHR program, associate must achieve Epic certification on designated EHR modules within 90 days of attending vendor training and must maintain certification with every upgrade to retain position
- Other certifications may be required when supporting all non-Epic applications where industry dictates or preferred as best practice
Business Unit: Mgmt Service Organization
Department Name: IT Analytics