Requisition ID: 44473
Location: Dempster Offices
2380 East Dempster Street, Des Plaines, IL 60016-4839 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Application Developer II, Management Service Organization, Presence Health Partners
This position is located at 2380 East Dempster, Des Plaines, IL 60016
The Application Developer II participates in the enhancement of processes, procedures and application software solutions within the Information Systems department. Evaluates system development requests for appropriateness and assists vendor and other IS staff in the design of new development objects for the enterprise application environment. Serves as a resource for less experienced team members. Assists the team in analyzing issues, identifying root causes, developing and recommending key work solutions. Participates in quality work efforts including evaluation, development, implementation, integration and administration of internal and external business code objects. Maintains and tests disaster recovery solutions. Performs moderate work assignments. Advises management on issues. Supports the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of Presence Health.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Change and Release Management: Evaluates requests for new development solutions for appropriateness, assists in designs, and consistently adheres to standard change management methods. Obtains proper customer approval and actively communicates changes within the IT application environment to all affected parties proactively and in an effective manner. Adheres to strict testing and deployment methodologies for Enterprise Systems. Follows and documents technical specifications for each custom object/code in the Enterprise environment to support optimal performance.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuation: Follows processes to establish and maintain all development objects related to key clinical and financial application systems to enhance the patient, physician and associate experience. Participates in disaster recovery tests and documentation review. Provides reporting to Senior or Lead.
- Capacity, Configuration and Application Management: Actively participates in application enhancements and software upgrades. Efficiently codes, installs, tests, debugs and implements custom reports, interfaces, conversions, extensions and workflow objects. Supports and maintains existing application software and creates ad hoc reports/queries when applicable. Identifies consistent reoccurring issues reported within an application and reports to Senior/Lead. Independently resolves moderate problems and seeks assistance in complex problem resolution in a timely manner. Participates in discussions with the vendor and/or business owner to finalize technical specifications.
- Availability/Incident Management: Responsible for the timely resolution or escalation of problems related to development objects within the Enterprise Application environment. This includes maintaining the system operations in accordance with all regulatory requirements with primary focus on confidentiality and HIPAA Security Regulations. This also includes understanding global impact of the custom development objects across the business continuum related to application interdependencies. Participates in root cause analysis protocol when necessary.
- Priority Management: Must manage own assignments, priorities, deadlines and time. Actively collaborates across multiple disciplines and groups. Must also be able to work independently.
- Performance Enhancement: Supports others in best practices and participates in technical code reviews with other developer analysts for knowledge transfer and completeness and accuracy. Responsible for adhering to standard operating procedures. Provides customer interaction and facilitates customer relationships, strives to exceed customer expectations and provides very good customer service.
- Requires analytical ability to find solutions to difficult software or administrative problems, to determine economic feasibility or options available, and to assess time involved in system changes. Thorough documentation skills are required.
- Intermediate level of programming skills and understanding of business operations.
- Sound reporting development skills utilizing SQL Server Reporting Service when applicable.
- Utilize understanding of relational database concepts.
- Intermediate SQL skills.
- Ability to write ad hoc database queries, using application database tools.
- Must be able to communicate the impact and solutions of application software problems in business language.
- Requires a professional approach in all situations.
- Must be able to effectively participate in teams and conflict resolutions.
- Ability to work any hours to support 24/7 operations.
- Availability to travel between ministries and business partners.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Healthcare Science, or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience as an application programmer, application developer, or software developer.
- Experience designing, coding, programming and reporting development for software applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Required and Preferred:
- If participating on the PeopleSoft program, associate must have successfully completed the following courses: People Tools I and II, People Code, Application Engine, XML Publisher, Integration Tools I and II.
- If participating on the Epic EHR program, associate must achieve Epic certification on designated EHR modules within 90 days of attending vendor training and must maintain certification with every upgrade to retain position.
- Other certifications may be required when supporting all non-Epic applications where industry dictates or preferred as best practice.
Business Unit: Mgmt Service Organization
Department Name: IT Analytics