Requisition ID: 51361
Location: Chicago Corporate
200 South Wacker, Chicago, IL 60606 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Direct the strategic planning, design, implementation, maintenance, regulatory compliance, communication, and administration of all company-wide compensation and benefit programs consistent with the organizations human capital objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes company compensation policies in relation to similar jobs in comparable industries or geographic areas, and recommend changes as appropriate to establish and maintain competitive pay rates and ensure equity
- Oversees the execution of market analysis surveys to determine appropriate market pricing by position
- Establishes salary structures, provide input to salary budget, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee compensation
- Ensures programs are current with regard to trends, practices , and costs
- Manages several direct reports, while confirming comp & benefit programs align with business strategy
- Aligns incentive and reward elements with culture, strategy, and operational imperatives
- Responsible for programs such as: deferred compensation plans, variable compensation plans, health insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, employee assistance, retirement plans, and other company plans and programs
- Maintains knowledge of government regulations, benefit program trends, and practices among similar organizations
- Works with accounting, legal, and tax departments to ensure accurate financial reporting, compliance with all tax laws
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state legislation influencing compensation and benefits
- Participates in administration of performance review system to ensure compliance with salary administration guidelines
- Designs and administers incentive plans and recognition programs
Oversees the development and implementation of new benefit policies and procedures; supervise the preparation and communication of information to current and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures to maintain organizational compliance
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises assoicates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expertise in the design, development, implementation, and administration of all types of compensation and benefits programs (executive, exempt and non-exempt employees).
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and management skills.
- Understanding of benefits structures in comparable organizations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Business or related field. At least 17 years progressively responsible leadership experience, including demonstrated experience leading compensation and benefit design changes from concept to execution preferrably in a Healthcare setting.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products; understanding of ERP HR and Payroll software modules, Time & Attendance software, and Talent management software.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability