Requisition ID: 64136
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Vice President (VP) Operations - AMITA Saints Mary & Elizabeth Medical Center supports the Region President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in leading the operational, financial, and administrative activities of the outpatient, ambulatory specialty care clinics, family medicine residency clinics and all therapeutic services, all ancillary and support services areas, neurology/neurosciences centers, cardiology/cardiovascular centers, oncology diagnostic and treatment centers, including infusion and radiation centers, and community outreach programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, implements, and manages patient care delivery systems and processes in the outpatient setting that facilitate throughput of patients in a safe, efficient, high quality and cost effective manner.
- Develops strategic plans and business plans to support capital funding to ensure operations are efficient and effective and meet the needs of the medical center and the market.
- Develops, implements, and maintains a customer service plan throughout all areas of responsibility and monitors progress toward targets and provides feedback to all staff and providers.
- Monitors service standards using metrics, (e.g., access, waiting times, call handling, patient satisfaction). Responds to patient complaints and resolves problems leading to the complaints.
- Builds and leads strong teams by identifying staffing and talent needs, attracting, retaining and developing talent, managing performance, and fostering high levels of associate engagement.
- Collaborates with System services related to the performance of all areas including but not limited to Food and Nutrition, Plant Operations and Facilities, Environmental Services, Linen and Laundry, Security and Transportation, Laboratory, and 340b Infusion Center.
- Supports Ministry and System leadership and other partners in the development and execution of business plans for Ancillary and Ambulatory Services.
- Interprets and ensures compliance with standards of accrediting and licensing bodies in areas of responsibility.
- Leads projects, chairs and/or participates in hospital committees and meetings as assigned by the Region CEO; coordinates major projects as member or chair of appropriate regional committees.
- In collaboration with Ministry leadership and System Services, directs the design, planning, construction and maintenance of ministry facilities and properties. Responsible for developing budgets and long-range facilities plans based on growth and future facility needs.
- Collaborates with the regional executive team in supporting medical practice in the ambulatory clinic and outpatient service areas of the region. Supports community partners and elected officials to align centers with health care needs of the community.
- This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in Healthcare, Nursing, or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and training. Minimum 7 years of experience in healthcare leadership with direct experience managing multiple outpatient and ancillary services. Knowledge of clinical quality improvement methodology and project management.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Excel.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Senior Leadership
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability