Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
SSP America is a trailblazing company changing the face of dining at airports across North America. Our success is built on drive, determination, great ideas and a diverse team of talented food travel experts' who strive to triumph in everything we do. You don't become a food travel expert by simply wearing a badge or a hat; you become an expert through time, education, experience and personal drive. That's why we recruit talented individuals and have a vested interest in their development. We help our team members achieve their highest potential throughout their career with SSP in a positive and enjoyable working environment. Armed with a team that shares our passion for food and superior service, we are able to create and deliver the best experiences possible for all our guests.
To create a positive guest experience by performing multiple projects in cleaning and maintaining hygienic work areas that result in the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Understand that our guest is our #1 priority.
- Maintain the cleanliness of floors, ceiling tiles, walls, windows, worktables, meat blocks, hoods, vents, grills, refrigerators, service counters, serving trays, and storage areas.
- Removes refuse to designated areas.
- Clear and reset tables in dining areas between seatings/as needed and transports soiled service-ware to the kitchen for cleaning.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes, pots, and pans and wash them by hand or dishwashing machine and return them to their proper storage place.
- Clean equipment using specific chemicals to meet sanitary standards; may include the use of heavy equipment and steam cleaning trash receptacles.
- Assist all guests with specific requests and communicate special needs to server/supervisor.
- Assist kitchen and counter personnel in food preparation and guest service.
- Load/unload supply trucks transferring between storage and work areas.
- Stock, date, rotate, and check the temperature of food items.
- Other duties as assigned