This posting cannot receive an online application from your CareerSite.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Support Specialist, Federal-Opioid WH Grant, St Mary Hospital, Chicago
Requisition ID: 66504
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 70020221 Federal-Opioid WH Grant-SMEMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Thank you for your interest in pursuing Behavioral Health opportunities with Amita Health.
Are you looking for a career that will give your life purpose? Are you looking for a career choice that will affect peoples' lives in a positive way?
If so, we have the right opportunity for you. Here with Amita's Behavioral Health departments we give you an opportunity to have a rewarding career not just a job. Our goal is to help our associates grow their careers with our focus on development, a team orientated atmosphere and our goal to create a great place to work. Here, you can make a difference by doing the work that you love while making a significant impact on people's lives and the communities we serve.
Under the supervision of an identified Coordinator or Senior Clinician, the Support Specialist provides supportive intervention to clients with severe mental illness. The Support Specialist assists clients to learn and maintain self-selected life skills and provides a point of engagement and contact between the client and the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Promotes optimal client function in a range of life skills so as to promote independent function and facilitate the recovery process.
2. Works proactively with consumers, multidisciplinary treatment team members and other agencies as required.
3. Provides client contact for estimated 70% of hours worked with duties such as skills training/practice, counseling, advocacy and /or case management
4. Collaborates with staff/consumers on an individualized client-led treatment planning process.
5. Documents in a timely, accurate fashion appropriate clinical information on consumer progress notes and provides community outreach to clients/collaterals in person and by phone.
6. Facilitates advocacy/empowerment development within consumer groups via culture/language specific council meetings.
7. Identifies and communicates consumer-oriented program issues to direct line management and provides recommendations.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
One year experience in social services field required, three years preferred.
Candidate has experienced mental illness and has accessed treatment and continues to access treatment.
Proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) preferred or comparable certificate in social services field.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Behavioral Health
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
| Location: Chicago, IL 60622
| Document ID: AD284-0BOG
| Posted on: ||2019-08-2308/23/2019