Requisition ID: 63300
Location: Bucktown/Wicker Park
1658 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60647 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Supervisor, Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who provides overall leadership and is responsible for assessing, planning, developing, directing and evaluating patient care activities and personnel at the clinic.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains effective relationships and promotes communications with patients, visitors, coworkers, physicians and other internal departments. Serves as a liaison between clinical department, as well as administration and nursing personnel; serves as a patient and family advocate when appropriate.
- Evaluates the overall performance through direct observation, chart reviews and the quality management process. Effects changes as needed and holds staff to standards of nursing practice. Implements policies and procedures, maintains and improves the level of patient care and standards of care.
- Plans and maintains staffing levels; makes patient/staff assignments based on key factors such as acuity, staff competency and skill mix in order to ensure that quality of care is delivered to patients.
- Serves as a clinical, educational and supervisory resource to the staff. Identifies educational needs for staff and works collaboratively with management team to address and develop plans.
- Prepares reports, complies statistics and keeps records, etc., as required. Audits and prepares quality trending data and evaluates need to modify or change methodologies to improve and/or enhance patient care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Minimum three years progressive clinical and management experience preferred.
Bachelors of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License. Basic Life Support/CPR certification is required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are required.
Business Unit: Presence Medical Group N/T
Department Name: E Malone 1658 Milwaukee Sm
Job Function: Nursing