Store Manager Trainee - Jewel-Osco
Jewel-Osco management training programs are focused on developing leaders, capable of succeeding in today's competitive environment. The Steps to success as a Jewel Management Trainee begins with a blend of formal development sessions and practical hands on application.
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Hiring Company: Jewel-Osco
Since 1899, Jewel-Osco has been committed to bringing quality service, exceptional stores and great products throughout Illinois, Indiana and Iowa.
At Jewel-Osco, your future starts now! Jewel-Osco offers a range of career opportunities in a dynamic retail environment. Jewel- Osco promotes from within whenever possible - many of the top management began as part-time or full-time store employees.
Jewel-Osco management training programs are focused on developing leaders, capable of succeeding in today's competitive environment. The Steps to success as a Jewel Management Trainee begins with a blend of formal development sessions and practical hands on application. The following key elements are involved:
- Jewel-Osco's most talented Store Directors provide formal instruction in leadership and operations throughout the program.
- The training program is comprehensive and advances the individual through the program at an accelerated pace.
- Trainees are given many opportunities to apply their training and knowledge is real life situations.
To provide and ensure high levels of customer service. To efficiently manage the operation of the store. To develop and implement strategies to achieve maximum sales and earnings. To manage, directly or through others, the development of all in-store personnel so that compliance with all company standards and policies and procedures are met.
- Responds to and assists customers in a courteous manner; implements and enforces company standards for customer service.
- Develops and displays a proficient working knowledge of store operations in order to understand and assist management in plans to increase store sales and profits.
- Learns and assists in departments throughout the stores in order to gain an overall understanding of the operations of the store.
- Responsible for opening/closing the store and beginning/ending store operations for each day.
- Communicates, supervises, and follows up on tasks assigned to associates.
- Learns and develops proper merchandising techniques and standards; stocks product in the assigned area; and attaches the appropriate signage.
- Attends company meetings for purpose of training, coordination plans, and communicating policies and procedures.
- Assists management in the implementation of all basic and seasonal programs.
- Orders product to maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Assists management in the preparation of store inventory.
- Retrieves product from storage areas.
- Develops the weekly schedule by ensuring that the adequate number of associates is available to assist customers and to complete all daily store tasks.
- Reviews and recaps seasonal programs by documenting the results.
- Assists with the store register and inventory process to insure the completion of all product entries and values.
- Assists management with store meeting presentations by communicating to a group of associates various issues and results that the company deems to be important.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store management.
- A Jewel Store Manager Trainee must be able to use effective interpersonal and leadership skills to lead their team as well as train and motivate each individual team member. The training program is designed to provide a complete understanding of the total store operations. The training program is comprehensive and moves the individual through the program at an accelerated pace.
- Bachelor's Degree or advanced degree is required.
Various Chicagoland area locations.
Compensation and Benefits
Jewel-Osco offers competitive pay, interactive hands-on training, associate discount, excellent benefits, 401k, paid vacation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification; they are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Jewel-Osco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.