Requisition ID: 67336
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 20060081 Nurs 12Th Behavioral Hlth Intr
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
Thank you for your interest in pursuing Behavioral Health opportunities with Amita Health.
Are you looking for a career that will give your life purpose? Are you looking for a career choice that will affect peoples' lives in a positive way?
If so, we have the right opportunity for you. Here with Amita's Behavioral Health departments we give you an opportunity to have a rewarding career not just a job. Our goal is to help our associates grow their careers with our focus on development, a team orientated atmosphere and our goal to create a great place to work. Here, you can make a difference by doing the work that you love while making a significant impact on people's lives and the communities we serve.
The Staff Nurse I - Registered Nurse is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) who practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The RN incorporates the Carative Factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with policies, procedures and standards of care of Presence health and the nursing division. The RN coordinates family involvement in the assessment, treatment and continuing care of the patient, and delegates tasks to competent and appropriate caregivers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses each patient's biophysical, psychosocial, environment, spiritual, cultural, self-care, educational and discharge planning based on age and development status.
- Develops and prioritizes an outcome directed plan of care to assigned patients and changes as necessary.
- Performs clinical and technical aspects of care in accordance with established policies, procedures, standards of practice and within scope of the State Nurse Practice. Documents care per established standards.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of nursing interventions. Modifies the plan of care focusing on age and development status and patient outcomes.
- Assess patient and family educational needs and ability to participate and learn to achieve patient plan of care through collaboration with other team members.
- Reviews the plan of care and consults with the physician and other health care providers to adjust the plan to assure optimum patient outcomes within the scheduled timeframe.
- Utilizes the caring behaviors of empathy, active listening and cultural sensitivity and supports patient dignity.
- Provides patient/family education.
- All Level I nurses must meet and maintain annually of the Level I Performance Standards and expectations as outlined in the Level I section of the RN Levels of Practice Program. Additional duties in specialty area may also be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program, Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferred
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, MS Outlook, and EMR applications.
Experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Illinois RN license, BLS certification. Certification is area of specialty is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Behavioral Health; Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability