This posting cannot receive an online application from your CareerSite.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Specialist- Patient Safety RMC
Requisition ID: 65076
Ministry: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Department: 10092020 Quality Perform Distinctio RMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
• Provides coordination, tracking and analysis for patient safety projects and related incidents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates, tracks, monitors and reports on patient safety projects.
• Coordinates the investigation of patient care events with department leaders and reports on results.
• Analyzes patient care information from multiple data sources and reports on results.
• Coordinates investigation and analysis of critical incidents and near misses. Facilitates critical
incidents. Tracks, monitors and reports follow-through on recommendations.
• Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's Level Degree. Bachelor's degree in health care related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
Three or more years of experience in performance improvement, risk management or quality improvement
• Inpatient hospital setting experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Professional Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
| Location: Chicago, IL 60631
| Document ID: AD222-0DUM
| Posted on: ||2019-08-2208/22/2019