Requisition ID: 64562
Ministry: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Department: 20550180 Nursing Registry RMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Sitter under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) observes and maintains a safe and comfortable environment for patients who need continual observation or supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes the caring behaviors of empathy, active listening and cultural sensitivity and supports patient dignity.
- Ensures a secure, safe and comfortable environment by maintaining a continued awareness of safety hazards, providing small comfort measures, and observing the patient.
- Communicates observations to the RN in an accurate and timely manner. Receives report from the RN at the beginning of the shift and gives report to the RN at the end of the shift.
- Demonstrates a courteous and professional manner through interactions with internal and external customers.
- Utilizes hospital equipment/supplies in a cost efficient manner.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Previous experience or training in a hospital setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Nursing Registry RMC
Job Function: Support Services