Requisition ID: 41068
Location: Chicago Corporate
200 South Wacker, Chicago, IL 60606 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Senior Clinical Analyst collaborates with the clinical leaders, the focus will be to mine and analyze primary source data (Presence Health) and secondary source data (government and reporting organizations/agencies and organizations, and internal analytics and benchmarking databases) to develop advanced analytics, including predictive analytics that will provide insight on what trends in outcomes are being seen from the micro (organization) through macro (health system) levels and how they compare to internal historical trends and benchmarks/external benchmarks so the clinical leaders can determine where to focus their efforts on improving patient outcomes and achieving cost savings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages projects of any size. Collaborates with region and system leadership to define and standardize clinical performance metrics across the system.
- Researches and ensures appropriate internal and external benchmarks are used for performance comparisons.
- Analyzes data using control charts, graphs, tables, and descriptive statistics to create analyses, dashboards, scorecards, and reports that define opportunities for improvement and make appropriate recommendations.
- Participates in and provide subject matter/data expertise for region-specific, system-wide clinical initiatives and projects.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in healthcare quality, healthcare informatics, data collection requirements, public reporting, and regulatory compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Healthcare Administration, Health Information Management, Mathematics, or Business Administration required. Minimum two years of analytic experience within a hospital, physician practice or health care environment.
- Master's degree in healthcare related field preferred with strong research/data analysis background preferred. Two years maintaining clinical decision support databases and troubleshooting/resolving data related issues preferred.
- General office computer skills with advanced knowledge of word processing software. Advanced knowledge of McKesson (Horizon Performance Manager (HPM), Business Insight (HBI)), Premier, Meditech, MIDAS and Midas DataVision, COMPdata, Visual Basic and SQL preferred.
Business Unit: Corporate (LRHC and LPH)
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability