Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
The Security Officer performs all requirements and necessary actions to ensure the safety and security of the staff, patients, visitors and Presence Health property.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts patrol rounds, inside and outside as scheduled or assigned, observing, investigating and documenting all unusual or suspicious incidents and initiating corrective action as appropriate. Informs Director, Manager, Supervisor or Officer in Charge, of unusual activities, investigations, observations and actions taken.
- Performs additional duties such as, but not limited to, producing employee ID badges, providing escorts and responding to routine and emergency calls for assistance.
- Responds to all physically violent situations that may arise at the hospital and all hospital code situations during assigned shift.
- Performs parking enforcement duties to insure employees are parking in appropriate locations per ministry policy.
- Completes documentation regarding all security incidents and responses, hospital code situations and responses, and rounds in appropriate tracking log/form or electronic system.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be at least 21 years of age at time of hire;
Must have a current/valid driver's license and be insurable by Presence Health's incumbent insurance carrier, which includes passing a motor vehicle license check, meeting the requirements of Presence Health's Disqualification Matrix and completing a ministry specific (LRHC, LPH) driving course (as applicable), prior to operating any Presence Health owned or leased vehicle;
Must have or be able to obtain a current/valid Illinois Firearm Owners Identification card (within 90 days of employment/promotion);
Must complete Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training prior to having any patient contact;
Must complete CPR/AED training and Certification ( as specified in the Security "Orientation and Training" policy);
Must complete Presence Health approved on-line Basic Security Officer training course (as specified in the Security "Orientation and Training" policy.);
Must complete Presence Health Defensive Tactics Training (DTT) course (as specified in the Security "Orientation and Training" policy); and
Must complete the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) National Incident Management System (NIMS) independent study (IS) Course 100 and 200 (as specified in the Security "Orientation and Training" policy).
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Criminal justice education and/or security experience preferred.
- Must have good computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Current/valid US Driver's License required.
- Current/valid Illinois Firearm Owners Identification Card
- Current/Valid CPR/AED Course Certification
- Current/Valid FEMA - NIMS 100/200 Course Certification
- Current/Valid Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) Course Certification
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Job Function: Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago