Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Confidential - Due to privacy regulations, this Chicagoland employer a top security provider cannot release corporate details at this stage of the hiring process. Full employer details will be provided upon your interview with Skills for Chicagoland's Future.
Chicago, IL (Downtown) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
The Security Officer position is based in Chicago and will support a commercial office. Additionally, this individual must have exceptional communication, time management and customer service skills. Experience with MS Office is preferred. This position will monitor the safety of patrons through patrol activity on-site and monitor visitor access, and respond to service calls and alarms and report suspicious activity.
In this role, you will:
- Interact with tenants, visitors and client representatives in a friendly, but professional, manner.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all tenants, visitors and client representatives while adhering to company and building policies.
- Ensure tenants, visitors, messengers and vendors follow access control procedures, according to building policy.
- Ability to proactively address violations of building and company policy and resolve the issue or have violators removed from the premises.
- Ability to write clear, concise and thorough reports, including daily activity and incident.
- Ability to use computerized access control systems, including an automated check in system and turnstiles.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in elevators and respond to high-rise floors.
- Ability to work exterior posts in inclement weather.
- Ability to respond to emergency calls from visitors, tenants, vendors and client representatives and follow department procedures to properly handle the situation.
- Ability and willingness to receive cross training on all contracted posts, which will assist department and client leadership during an emergency incident.
- Must have an excellent appearance and attitude (pride in your uniform and job is essential).
- Must be customer-service oriented, organized, responsible and professional.
- Must be willing to "go the extra mile" in welcoming and assisting building tenants, visitors and client representatives.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have an excellent attendance and job performance record.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the willingness and ability to function with limited supervision.
- Must be able to multi-task in a service-oriented environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and be able to hold over to the next shift or work extra hours as needed.
- Commercial building security or customer service experience is preferred.
This is a Full-Time permanent, 40 hours per week position with Union benefits.
The commercial office is located in Chicago, IL and is based on a 24/7 operation. This position will require rotating shifts (including third shift) and rotating days off, with schedules changing based on business need.