Levy is now hiring retail service professionals with a "can-do" attitude as Sales Associates for their flagship store in the United Center -- Competitive wages, easy access to the CTA and an amazing atmosphere!
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The Levy family culture has nurtured incredible growth from a single delicatessen in Chicago, to an industry-leading, food organization over 30 years later. Today, Levy creates great dining experiences at restaurants throughout the country and many of the highest profile sporting and entertainment venues in the world. Levy is proud that thousands of guests have savored their food at some of the most celebrated gatherings in our nation: the Super Bowl, NBA and NHL All-Star Games and the Grammy Awards
Overview of Position
Assist guest with sportswear needs and purchases at the Team Store.
- Arrive to work on time and in uniform
- Assist store team in getting the store ready to open
- Assist new employees on the sales floor and on the registers. Answering questions if you can, seek a supervisor or manager when needed
- Provide Great Customer Service aka "WOCAAT" Winning One Customer at a Time. Our customers should:
- Are your number one priority
- Feel like a guest in our home
- Receive proper eye contact
- Be greeted with a cheerful tone of voice
- Feel carefully listened to
- Have every question answered thoughtfully
- Ensure merchandise is correctly labeled, folded, and presented nicely
- Promote team work and help others in multiple departments when needed
- Maintain knowledge of store policies
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to operate POS system to accept payments and make change for guests
- Ability to speak effectively before large groups of guests or team members
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to stand, talk, hear, and maneuver within store for majority of shifts.
- Dependability - follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- May require the ability lifting up to 40 pounds
- 6 months of cash handling
- 6 months of customer service (retail preferred)
Compensation - $11.75 per hour
Location - United Center, Chicago IL