Requisition ID: 57842
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Registrar PFS is responsible for a variety of duties necessary to register and pre-register patients, ensure eligibility, verify insurance, issue Advanced Beneficiary Notices and order ancillary testing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews patients, their relatives and/or representatives to secure demographic, guarantor and insurance information necessary to complete Patient Access accurately. Completes on-site or pre-registration functions.
- Obtains proper insurance information. Determines need for pre-certification and referrals.
- Secures signatures, witnesses and explains Conditions of Admission form. Distributes "An Important Message from Medicare", Patient Privacy Statement and Patient Rights and Responsibilities.
- Verifies insurance coverage. Identifies self-pay patients. Arranges payment agreements. Requests payments for self-pay patients; collects co-payments and issues cash receipts.
- Reviews and processes physician orders. Issues Advanced Beneficiary Notices, as needed.
- Performs order entry functions.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required.
Previous registration or related experience preferred.
Ability to type a minimum of 25 wpm required.
Knowledge and experience with EPIC, Outlook and Microsoft software packages preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Department Name: Outpatient Clinic SJH