Requisition ID: 52068
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
To manage patient care activities and oversee clinical services for hospice patients in accordance with Federal and State laws and regulations, accreditation standards and RHPC policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads team in daily patient care planning activities assuring that the scope and frequency of services are appropriate for the patient needs. Assists clinicians in establishment of goals, priority setting, and development of the plan of care. The Practice Manager will adhere to the schedule for IDG set for the by the conditions of participation. Facilitates changes in level of care for patients needing inpatient, respite, continuous care, or routine care. Monitors Incident reports/Quality commentaries by investigating and monitoring trends. Identifies and acts on risk management issues. Participates in Performance Improvement program and large leadership team.
- Screens, interviews, and hires the interdisciplinary team members. Orients, oversees, supervises, and performs annual staff competency evaluation per agency policy within the month they are due. Evaluates staff competency through home visits, conferences, and record review. Mentors staff and provides coaching and counseling as needed. Monitoring of staff and patient interaction via patient contacts and telephone calls. Monitoring of daily compliance reports for correction within 24 hours and/or acting upon trends. Utilizes the rounding for outcomes tool monthly to improve communication and improve employee satisfaction. Develops working relationships with other RHPC departments and outside customers.
- Monitors and manages annual budget and productivity standards for patient care services utilizing MVI model. Manages home delivery of medical supplies, durable medical equipment (DME) and pharmacy. Responsible for proactive review and corrections for end of month billing. Responsible for completing monthly variance report within 72 hours of receiving monthly financials. Responsible for taking corrective action using Multi View Incorporated monthly budget reports.
- Makes patient care visits as needed and documenting those visits appropriately. Actively involved in community activities. Responsible for the quality outcomes for their assigned discipline.
- Responds to patient and family questions, concerns, and requests. Assures complete Service Recovery for all service related issues including direct customer contact and physician satisfaction.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
BSN degree, BA Music Therapy, MSW, B.D. or M. Div. or Registered Nurse with 5 years of experience required. At least one year previous experience in Hospice/home care setting and with two years of management or supervisory experience preferred.
Must have working knowledge of basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, Outlook, computer documentation, and a familiarity with health care EMR requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current licensure and / or certification to practice in Illinois. Hospice certification required within 2 years of hire where appropriate. Must have a driver's license.
Business Unit: PLC Senior Services
Department Name: Ark Rainbow