Requisition ID: 33142
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, 117015 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Physician Advisor (PA), Clinical Documentation Integrity is a key member of our physician executive team. Acts as the peer consultant to the medical staff in the areas of care coordination, clinical resource utilization and documentation. Monitors inpatient and observation unit utilization, reviews and determines appropriate patient status, coordinates care with case management, hospitalists, residents, specialists, emergency physicians and medical staff. Provides education, reviews and counsels medical staff and peer providers on appropriate clinical documentation, patient status determinations and clinical resource utilization. Develops and implements clinical practice guidelines and standard order sets and works with clinical teams to solve utilization management and clinical documentation issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides support to the Clinical Documentation Team, Care Coordination Team, and the medical staff for resolution of challenging cases, including intervening with physicians when necessary.
- Monitors observation cases daily for discharge planning or inpatient admission.
- Actively participates as a lead member of the Utilization Review and Clinical Documentation committees.
- Provides education and feedback on the impact of improved documentation to medical staff (medical staff meetings, newsletters, memos, etc.).
- Provides orientation programs and expectations for new physician staff and residents in the areas of Clinical Documentation and Utilization Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Graduate of an accredited medical school required. Minimum five years of recent experience in clinical practice. Previous experience in coding of Diagnosis Related Groupings and care plan and diagnosis documentation and working familiarity with ICD-10 required.
- Utilization management (UM) experience as a member of the UM oversight committee or past physician advisor experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong working knowledge of Computer Physician Order Entry and clinical information system design experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Licensed Physician required. Board certification in a primary care specialty required
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability