Requisition ID: 66337
Ministry: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Department: 20712060 Physical Therapy SJH
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
Provides direct rehab care in physical therapy to patients upon physician referral and under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist (PT) in accordance with all laws, regulations, and standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to implement the company policies, programs, goals, objectives, including the procedures of the Rehab department
- Possess willingness to work harmoniously with professional and non-professional personnel
- Knowledgeable of rehab practices and procedures, as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing rehab functions in the long-term care facility
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions using good judgement and reasoning skills when circumstances warrant such action
- Serve as a liaison to patients, families, support departments, etc., to adequately plan for patient needs
- Participates in community health matters/projects as appropriate
- Ability to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Ability to utilize therapy software and equipment appropriately and accurately
- Ability to document therapy treatment accurately and timely.
- Ability to follow physical therapy treatment plans for patients under direction of the supervising PT
- Exercise good body mechanics at all times
- Ability to assist in the evacuation of patients
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
Education and/or Experience
- Certified Clinical Instructor preferred
- One year's experience in long-term care or related setting preferred
- Must be a graduate of an accredited program in physical therapy assisting. Associate's Degree Required.
PC proficient (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
- Must be currently registered/ licensed in applicable state. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Job Function: Rehabilitation Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability