Requisition ID: 62553
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Patient Care Technician is responsible for assisting in the delivery of skilled, technical care as appropriate to the clinical area, unit and/or department needs, and according to established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists patient with eating, drinking, dressing, bathing and personal hygiene.
- Performs back rubs and skin scare as needed to ensure the patient's comfort and well-being.
- Transports patients to and from other departments as needed and provides assistance with tray set up and patient positioning.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, respiration, daily weights and dietary intake of assigned patients, and records output fluids. Accurately records information according to department procedure to ensure inclusion in the patient's medical record. Reports changes in a patient's condition to a registered nurse promptly.
- Performs specific, technical patient care procedures such as administration of enemas, applications of heat and cold.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all task and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or equivalent required. Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or one year patient care technician experience in a healthcare setting required, but students currently enrolled in an approved nursing school program may be considered.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Meditech.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
CPR Certification required.
Certified Nurse Assistant Certification preferred.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Job Function: Nursing; Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability