Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 0
Employment Status: PRN / Registry
Employment Type: Regular
Performs all nuclear imaging procedures and administration of radiopharmaceuticals while under the general supervision of a licensed practitioner who is licensed, as required, to possess and use radioactive materials, for the purposes of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders at a technical level not requiring constant supervision and within the scope of their license .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all nuclear imaging procedures and verification/administration of radiopharmaceuticals, with appropriate application of technical and positioning protocols, safety procedures, radiation protection and proper image identifying criteria according to department policy and procedure.
- Verifies physician orders for instructions from requesting physician and consults with the radiologists as necessary. Explains procedure and provides education as appropriate.
- Performs equipment warm up, calibration and safety check as needed. Operates hospital computer system. Reports to supervisor any equipment malfunctions. Operates equipment in accordance with manufacturer guidelines for appropriate quality control.
- Responsible for departmental records. Accurately and promptly documents in departmental records (film, file and computer) patient name, exam date, film/image markers, clinical history, complaints, allergies, etc. May prepare file for processing to radiologist. Collects statistics as directed.
- Communicates reactions, complications, changes in condition etc. to radiologist, physician, supervisor, peers and nursing unit as necessary.
- Performs staff/student education and orientation duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an approved program in nuclear medicine technology
1 to 3 years of experience preferred
Electronic medical record experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
IEMA license required
NMTCB certification required
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Imaging Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Medical Technologist, Physiology, Medical, Clinic, Rad Tech, Healthcare