This posting cannot receive an online application from your CareerSite.com account. To apply, follow the employer's instructions within their job description.
Manager of Business Operations, Surgery, Resurrection Medical Center, Chicago
Requisition ID: 49639
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Business Manager is responsible for coordinating all business services including Surgery Scheduling, all charges ("journaling"), analysis of reimbursement, budget preparation, and development of operational strategies to successfully compete for market penetration. The position collaborates closely with the Finance Department and Materials Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Responsible for all activities related to Surgical Scheduling. Collaborates with surgeons' office staff to assure good working relationships. Develop case preparation, case termination, and room turnover standards for various types of cases and incorporate into the scheduling process (accounting for variable times established based upon acuity and complexity of procedures).
2. Responsible for overseeing support activities, including patient charging ("journaling"). Assists each manager/director with variance analysis and budget preparation, ensuring appropriate cost assignments are within budgets.
3. Meets regularly with the management team to review reports on productivity, revenue, expenses, and variances. Prepares reports to assist managers in analysis of operational budget variances. Mentors staff on issues of cost containment and revenue enhancement. Reviews monthly financial reports for accuracy and takes corrective action to rectify discrepancies.
4. Oversees monthly statistical information that reflects surgical specialty volume and case duration accuracy. Reviews statistical information with the Director of Surgical Services and the Medical Director. Meets with Department Chairs and Chiefs, and others as required.
5. Uses benchmark and utilization data to develop strategies to decrease cost per case.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
3-5 years required and preferred managerial experience in an Operating Room environment or Materials Management
It would be beneficial to have a working knowledge of medical terminology and to understand the characteristics, terminology and conventions of ICD9 and CPT codes.
Required: Bachelors degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Industrial/Management, Engineering or other related field along with healthcare knowledge and/or experience.
Preferred: Masters in Business/Hospital Administration or 6-8 years in a hospital business management environment
Proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Surgery RMC
| Location: Chicago, IL 60631
| Document ID: AC142-0I5A
| Posted on: ||2018-05-2105/21/2018