Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
This position is located at St Joseph Hospital, 2900 N. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago. It will manage the Behavioral Health Unit and the Substance Abuse/Detox Unit. The Behavioral Health Unit is a 34 bed unit with an adult and high functioning geriatric population of high acuity, chronically mentally ill patients. Illnesses include but are not limited to major depression, acute psychosis, and anxiety.
The Manager, Nursing Operations is a Registered Professional Nurse, (RN) that shares 24 hour accountability with other members of the leadership team, for designated performance outcomes related to a specific clinical area. Is a member of the nursing management team and participates in advancing the goals and objectives for the Division of Nursing Services. Participates in Organization-wide initiatives as a member of hospital management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitates a high standard of patient care delivery. Ensure staff competencies, practice patterns, and care coordination processes to achieve high quality patient care outcomes, and demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide age appropriate care as described in the department's policy and procedure manual.
- Continually develops knowledge and skills in designated service area(s), and implements strategies to disseminate new ideas to assigned staff. Cultivates staff clinical expertise and professional behavior consistent with interdependent teamwork and shared governance criteria.
- Incorporates Division of Nursing Services goals into the performance dashboard for designated service area(s). Interacts with other departments, physician constituents, and staff, to incorporate their input into the clinical practice and staff development goals for the service area. Maintains staff training and development around skills and behaviors that foster high customer satisfaction
- Creates a master schedule and staff deployment plan for the service area that addresses the level of staff expertise to address complexity of patient care needs. Provides direct supervision to unit staff through the hiring, performance evaluation, coaching, developing and disciplining processes.
- Utilizes tools, auditing processes, educational programs, and decision making bodies to ensure a continuous state of regulatory and accreditation readiness. Interprets the impact and urgency of ongoing accreditation and regulatory requirements to the operation of designated service area(s).
- Organizes the work environment and patient care team to attain maximum achievement of performance outcomes for designated service area(s). Utilizes data, processes, tools and communication vehicles to support outcome monitoring. Takes action to continually improve the effectiveness of nursing practice and patient care interventions.
- Meets with physician admitters to designated service area(s) to ensure participation in the planning and day-to-day decisions related to delivery of care. Participates in the interdisciplinary collaborative for service area(s).
- Operates the service area within established financial parameters. Develops a budget to adequately address the clinical practice, staff development issues and Organizational initiatives related to the service area(s). Implements processes and tools to advance staff members' knowledge of the financial parameters affecting care delivery and service area operations.
- Keeps staff abreast of strategic issues impacting assigned service area(s) and Presence Health System. Develops and implements specific action plans to operationalize programs and projects programs in service area(s).
- Maintains a viable network of industry contacts to keep current with new clinical practice and management innovations. Participates in organized professional activities, and applies new knowledge to administering areas of responsibility.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Masters in Science in Nursing, Business Administration, or Healthcare Administration preferred.
Minimum of 3 years healthcare and management experience required.
Basic computer skills required
Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point preferred
Experience with electronic medical records and EPIC preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required. Certifications as Clinical Nurse Specialist or Advanced Practice Nurse required. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) etc. are unit specific required certifications.
Certification in area of specialty is preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Geriatric, Medical, Operations Manager, Clinic, Nursing, Healthcare, Operations