Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Manager, Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) that practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. Supervises the clinical and patient care delivery and has 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility of the operations of assigned units. Duties include management of human, fiscal, and material resources and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence in clinical nursing practice and patient care through planning and implementation of care delivery and performance improvement programs that result in positive patient care outcomes.
- Exercises sound judgment when dealing with challenging and stressful situations.
- Establishes and implements goals, objectives and performance standards for nursing units reflective of strategic goals and objectives of the organization and Presence Health.
- Assumes a leadership role in interdisciplinary care planning and collaborative efforts focusing on individuals and population served.
- Promotes and practices in an environment that fosters two-way communication between those in leadership and those providing hands-on-care.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field required. Minimum three years progressive clinical and management experience required.
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
Knowledge and experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support certification required.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Nursing; Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Oncology, Medical, Clinic, Nursing, EMR, Healthcare