Requisition ID: 66628
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 20532110 Nursing Admin SMON
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Manager of Nursing Innovation practices within the scope of the Illinois Practice Act to organize and direct the work of Evidence Based Practice, Hospital-wide education, and the Magnet Program as well as participating in the preparation for accrediting agencies (bodies) review. Oversees all nursing research activities, presentations and publications, and analyze National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) data, working with department Directors/Managers to develop Quality Indicators (QI) programs to address NDNQI outcomes and patient care issues. Provides leadership, education and mentorship through the evaluation of practice and patient care activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the achievement and maintenance of magnet recognition through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), as well as coordinating and providing leadership for all Magnet related activities. Drives culture change to achieve magnet recognition. Identifies gaps and develops the blueprint for achievement of magnet recognition.
- Promotes the shared governance model and evidence based practice principles in planning, decision-making, and facilitating process improvement and achievement of practical outcomes. Mentors staff to develop skills and encourage growth.
- Evaluates practical outcomes and evidence based practice to drive clinical practice innovation and the development and maintenance of clinical policies and procedures. Ensures that all policies are reviewed as regulated but not less than every three years.
- Oversees the Magnet Program and supports activities. Develops and implements systems, processes, and clinical practices that improve patient care delivery. Networks with the healthcare community related to Evidence Based Practice and Magnet initiatives, creating and maintaining partnerships and collaborations.
- Provides nursing innovative leadership using an interdisciplinary approach to advance the practice of professional nursing and support the roles of the professional nurse and support staff. Fosters a culture of excellence through benchmarking and communication of best practices. Participates as a member and/or chairs certain committees as assigned
- Drives the planning, organizing and implementation of educational services. Creates and maintains emphasis on evidence based practice through modeling, mentoring, facilitating and educating to ensure key learnings are communicated.
- Collaborates in decision-making structures and processes. Integrates nursing research with quality assessment and improvement activities to identify patient care problems, evaluate changes in practice, and develop research based standards and protocols.
- Implements an effective program to measure, assess and improve performance of the Professional Development program. Acts as the hospital clinical liaison with academic agencies to coordinate student activities and accomplishment of learning objectives while on Presence Health entities.
- Collaborates closely with Nursing Director/Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) will develop, execute and evaluate a strategic plan related to the implementation and sustainment of nursing excellence.
- Plans, prepares and accounts for budget for areas of responsibility in order to assure financial viability.
- Directs activities related to regulatory and accrediting reviews as they relate to Nursing Administration and Practice.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in Nursing or related field required. Minimum five years of experience in progressive clinical required. Prior experience in Magnet Designated Health Care Facility required.
Previous experience in coordinating as well as nursing management, staff development or performance improvement preferred.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations certified
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License required.
Certification required, such as American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC), or other equally accredited certification (required within one year of date of hire)
Certification related to Magnet or Evidence Based Practicing in Nursing preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability