Requisition ID: 61865
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Manager, Nursing is a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) that practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. Supervises the clinical and patient care delivery and has 24-hour accountability, authority, and responsibility of the operations of assigned units. Duties include management of human, fiscal, and material resources and implementation of policies, procedures, standards and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and sustains an environment that supports excellence in clinical nursing practice and patient care through planning and implementation of care delivery and performance improvement programs that result in positive patient care outcomes.
- Exercises sound judgment when dealing with challenging and stressful situations.
- Establishes and implements goals, objectives and performance standards for nursing units reflective of strategic goals and objectives of the organization and Presence Health.
- Assumes a leadership role in interdisciplinary care planning and collaborative efforts focusing on individuals and population served.
- Promotes and practices in an environment that fosters two-way communication between those in leadership and those providing hands-on-care.
- Maintains accountability for daily staffing patterns and appropriate skill mix to support the unit's acuity.
- Monitors the budget evaluation for areas of responsibility in order to assure financial viability, smooth operations of assigned units and delivery of cost-effective quality patient care. Manages human, fiscal and material resources with an ongoing awareness of healthcare policies as they affect nursing practice and patient care.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates staff within the areas of responsibility in order to assure the achievement of organizational goals, quality outcomes and customer satisfaction
- Exercises independent decision making authority in the principles of problem solving/critical thinking.
- Collaborates with the Director on problems related to clinical operations, recommends changes in policies to carry out objectives more effectively.
- Plans, develops, and implements shared governance model for empowering nurses at the point of care/service in assigned unit/area.
- Strives to promote an outstanding patient care experience by partnering with other caregivers to exceed patient/family expectations.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Graduate of an accredited Nursing program required. Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field required. Minimum three years progressive clinical and management experience required.
Bachelor's of Science in Nursing preferred.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Electronic Medical Record (EMR) systems.
Knowledge and experience in EPIC preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License required. Basic Life Support certification required. Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) etc. are required unit specific certifications.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Behavioral Health; Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability