Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The OSI Group is a premier food processing partner to leading brands across the globe with over 60 operations in 17 countries. Our worldwide operations create and manufacture custom meat, poultry, pizza, and other products for our customers. At OSI you can expect a challenging work environment and opportunity for advancement. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k, profit sharing, paid vacation, paid holidays, company paid life, AD&D, STD and LTD, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance program and more.
Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of production machines and plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment assigned.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
(i.e., Policies, procedures, etc. for which you are responsible.)
• Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
• Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
• Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
• Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
• Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
• Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
• Perform related duties as assigned
• Keep area clean
- working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs
- demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
- experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills are essential
- ability to read diagrams a plus
- repair high speed packaging machinery, PLC's, welding and machine shop skills are a plus
- experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.