Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that serves the greater North Shore and Illinois communities. NorthShore is committed to earning the loyalty of those who come to us for care and those who play a role in providing that care. Service Values, which include Exceptional Customer Service, Supportive Workplace Interactions and Professional Work Ethic, define the behaviors that each employee demonstrates with co-workers, patients and families, physicians, and visitors.
Evanston, IL - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
We are currently seeking a Logistical Support Representative for our Logistical Support Services department located at Evanston Hospital in Evanston, IL.
The Logistical Service Representative is responsible for performing all functions and duties associated with the pickup, delivery and transport of materials including supplies, equipment, employees, etc., between the hospitals, offices, and businesses. Collect process and distribute U.S. and internal mail and facsimile transmissions; route and/or transport materials; perform all duties in receiving related to the receipt and distribution of incoming supplies and parcels and prepare outgoing shipments.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for performing all functions and duties associated with the pickup, delivery, and transport of materials including supplies, equipment, employees, etc. between hospitals, offices, and businesses.
- Collect, process, and distribute U.S. and internal mail and facsimile transmissions.
- Route and/or transport materials.
- Perform all duties in related to the receipt and distribution of incoming supplies and parcels and prepare outgoing shipments.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid Illinois Class "D" driver's license. Must have held a valid driver's license for three (3) years prior to the date of application.
- Must have a good driving record subject to State driver motor vehicle verification to comply with Hospital insurance requirements. Within three (3) years of date of application or promotion. Must not have been convicted of:
- driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs,
- reckless driving,
- leaving the scene of an accident involving death or personal injury,
- drag racing,
- reckless homicide,
- reckless conduct from the use of a motor vehicle or other serious driving infractions/convictions
This is a Full-Time, 40 hours per week position and is benefits eligible. Day shift from 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM. Additionally, ten-hour shifts will be on rotating days, with rotating weekends and holidays required.
- One to two (1-2) years' experience in a receiving, mail, logistical environment or equivalent (i.e. warehouse, retail, etc.). Two (2) years of driving /delivery experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of this position including lifting/pushing/pulling 20 to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
To learn about the many benefits of working at NorthShore, which include a supportive work environment that promotes professional and career development, recognition of our staff for providing excellent service and a competitive benefits package, please visit www.northshore.org/careers.
NorthShore University HealthSystem is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please refer to the main career page for more information.
EOE: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets, VEVRRA Federal Contractor.