Intensive Case Manager
Chicago, IL 60612
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
An Intensive Case Manager (ICM) with Safer Foundation’s Demand Skills Collaborative (SDSC) is responsible for assisting clients obtain vocational training, recruitment, engagement, referral, case management and administrative tasks. The ICM is responsible for assisting in increasing the number of qualified candidates attending Safer pre-screenings, Professional Empowerment Groups (PEG) groups, working with partners on referrals and maintaining professional relationships with partners and clients such that they both remain engaged and participating in SDSC or other specified program.. This position will work in a specific SDSC sector and assist in recruiting for the SDSC pathways that may include sectors such as Healthcare, Transportation, Advanced Manufacturing, Hospitality, Technology and Construction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The (ICM) will manage a SDSC case load for current and future cohorts.
- The (ICM) will create various reports related to the required metrics of specific grants and projects.
- Assist with identifying referral partner and employer organizations, and developing referral/employer partnerships.
- Assist with identifying qualified candidates to build the candidate pipeline.
- Assist in coordinating industry screening events.
- Referring job ready candidates to open positions (working closely with the Sector Manager II & Account Executive)
- Overseeing creating /keeping client files and information and updating relevant information when needed.
- Initiate and employ social media engagement strategies.
- Maintain client engagement once identified, to ensure qualified clients remain engaged, are contacted frequently; attend Safer Foundation or partner appointments/screenings.
- Work with a team to deliver Safer Demand Skills services to new clients.
- Assist in developing and moving candidates through the SDSC pathway qualifying pipeline, such as identifying clients who need training or other Safer services.
- Provide intensive retention follow-up for working clients through weekly contact at 30, 90, 180 and 365 days of employment.
- Work one-on-one with clients to address issues that arise during the course of the program that threaten employability and refer to appropriate services as needed.
- Maintain complete records of client contact in Salesforce.
- Provide interview practice opportunities so that clients can prepare for job interviews.
- Submit reports that are routinely correct and on-time.
- Documenting client interactions, interventions and activities, via established protocols, in an accurate and timely manner. Submitting periodic reports, completing case notes and maintaining audit-ready records. Completing contractual requirements accurately and timely.
- · Administer contextualized Job Readiness Training and various assessments such as Work Keys.
- · (ICM) may have to manage the WIOA/IWDS system and/or other case management systems.
· Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the employment barriers people with criminal records face and how to remediate them.
- Track record in recruiting, training, placing and retaining low-skilled low-income clients.
- Goal-oriented self-starter who has experience developing and supporting start-up programs.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works appropriately with clients, peers, and supervisors.
- Very good computer and writing skills including (MS office).
- Knowledge of Salesforce
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Sociology, Psychology, Training, etc.), or combination of education and qualifying work experience
- · 2 years experience providing employment and training services to low-skilled low-income adults.
Please note that after you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Your email provider might misfile this mail as spam or junk mail. Check your spam and junk folders.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please