Requisition ID: 66369
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 10011415 Admin General Service SMON
Daily Hours: 12
Standard Hours: 36
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Emergency Department (ED) Greeter is responsible for greeting all visitors in a timely and courteous manner, utilizing the computer system to register ED patients, assisting patients and visitors with informational phone calls/inquiries, maintaining the appearance of the information desk, assuring the ED team has sufficient charts on hand, and acts as ambassador to the patients and visitors in the waiting room. The Greeter is accountable for the direct and indirect care of patients and functions under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patients with chemical or hazardous material exposure
- Patients presenting with severe pain and/or bleeding
- Victims of crime, such as victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, gunshot, or stab wounds, etc.
- Psychiatric emergencies
- Altered mental status - transported to triage area via wheelchair
- Stroke-like symptoms - transported to triage area via wheelchair
- Shortness of breath - transported to triage area via wheelchair
- Chest pain - transported to triage area via wheelchai
- Any other situation out of the norm
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
At least one year clinical, clerical, or registration experience preferred. High school diploma or GED from an accredited school required.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Support Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability