Chicago, IL 60612
The Safer Foundation is a social service provider to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, including case management, educational instruction and advocacy, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
The Employment Specialist conducts client intake assessments and provides job coaching and employment readiness training as needed. Clients found to be job ready are matched with employment opportunities that fit their skills and abilities. The Employment Specialist is responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with area employers and encouraging the hiring of Safer clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete intake assessment and determine job readiness.
- Refer clients to community resources as appropriate.
- Provide each assigned client counseling and as needed coaching in the areas of resumes, interviews, hygiene and dress, communications, other soft skills and employment retention.
- Identify and recruit employers that offer quality jobs and successfully sell them on the benefits of hiring employees through Safer.
- Provide such a high standard of customer service to existing Safer employers that they come to view Safer as a preferred source of employees.
- Act as liaison between employer and client and assist in resolving problems when called upon to intervene.
- Enter and track client information using in-house Salesforce database system
- Complete all paperwork and contractual requirements accurately, completely and on time.
- Ensure all Safer standards are adhered to, including productivity standards.
- Provide assistance to other team members as needed.
- Ensure jobs developed and qualified clients are shared with the objectives of finding the best job for the client and the best applicant for the employer
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of criminal justice system and area resources.
- Ability to analyze assessment data to plan appropriate intervention.
- Knowledge of local labor market and trends in hiring.
- Ability to establish rapport and persuade others.
- Knowledge of community resources that can benefit Safer clients.
- Knowledge of job search techniques including on-line searches, job boards, composing resumes, etc.
- Skilled in motivational interviewing and active listening.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Internet.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior sales background helpful.
- Three years prior experience working with individuals with criminal records.
Please note that after you “submit” your application, you will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt. Your email provider might misfile this mail as spam or junk mail. Check your spam and junk folders.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please