Emergency Room Technician
Area: 378810 - ER-M Nursing
Shift: 12 hour shifts (.9) / Nights shift
The Emergency Room Technician assists and augments the registered nursing staff in providing high quality patient care in the Pediatric Emergency Room. The ERT must demonstrate the expertise and competency of all paramedic skills in accordance with Illinois State law.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have current CPR training recognized by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. ACLS certification preferred.
- Provisional/Current status as a paramedic in the state of Illinois. Successful completion of a state examination within six months of hire.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and perform a variety of patient assistance without direct supervision.
- Ability to interact effectively with patients, clinical staff, and the general public.
- ER experience preferred