Requisition ID: 66057
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 20532110 Nursing Admin SMON
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Exciting opportunity! This role will include ICU, ED, Dialysis and Vascular Access, and Nursing Professional Development. Magnet experience is preferred.
The Director, Patient Care Services oversees the clinical and patient care delivery and has 24-hour accountability, authority and responsibility of all operations assigned to patient care units. The position plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates patient services and the personnel responsible for the delivery of those services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Selects, develops and evaluates leaders within the areas of responsibility in order to ensure the most effective leadership for the staff, achievement of organizational goals, quality outcomes and customer satisfaction.
- Develops, coordinates and collaborates with interdisciplinary teams in planning and changing patient care delivery systems and services.
- Develops and implements standards of practice within areas of responsibility in order to enhance quality and assure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Oversees quality improvement activities for area of responsibility including but not limited to participation in teams, use of internal and external quality methodology and benchmark data.
- Drives patient, employee and physician satisfaction to ensure Presence Health is the provider and employer of choice.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates strategic plans, goals and objectives within areas of responsibility, including all areas providing patient care, in collaboration with senior patient care leadership. Consults and communicates with the Chief Nursing Officer and other executive level leaders to promote organizational goals.
- Conceptualizes, develops, and implements effective plans and programs for new and existing service lines, in collaboration with senior patient care leadership.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree in Nursing, other health-related field or Business Administration required. Minimum five years of progressive clinical and management nursing experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required.
Certification in area of specialty preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability