Requisition ID: 67778
Ministry: Presence St Elizabeth Hosp
Location: Presence St Elizabeth Hosp
1431 North Western Avenue, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 70020220 Federal Opioid Grant
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
Coordinate and facilitate efficient, accurate data collection for use in decision making and quality/performance initiatives. Actively support the efforts of committees and user groups including administrative, medical and hospital staff members throughout the system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with System Clinical Analytics and Decision Support to facilitate enhanced use of the MIDAS+ System by providing feedback and identifying enhancements or additional functionality for system implementation.
- Aid users on the enhancement of data collection and abstraction processes by automating data collection and reports when possible. Solicit user feedback on data needs and workflow processes, and make appropriate changes that will increase end users' efficiencies.
- Serve as resource to department, hospital staff, and new employees for specific hospital systems by providing guidance on data abstraction needs, including developing educational materials.
- Prepare and present clinical data from various systems for decision making and support of performance improvement initiatives.
- Consult with administrative, medical, and hospital staff and provide recommendations to quality team regarding data management and development of metrics and tools to support ongoing quality and performance improvement projects.
- Collaborate with departments and/or teams by providing information and recommendations for identifying benchmarks and outcomes/indicators which can be monitored for quality and performance improvement.
- Coordinate and work with others on the development of dashboards and quality/ performance reports for the region/ ministry by preparing and/or coordinating preparation of reports with others.
- Assist in guiding improvement efforts by identifying and collecting appropriate information. Perform chart review and abstraction as needed to assist with data analysis.
- Support data needs for expanding regulatory quality and performance reporting requirements.
- Communicate accurate information in a timely manner concerning data abstraction issues to leaders and/or other health care professionals.
- Ensure accurate data collection from multiple sources, electronic records and other computerized systems.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Employees
Directly supervises employee(s). Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Demonstrated skills in collaboration, teamwork and problem-solving to achieve goals
Demonstrated skills in verbal communication and listening
Demonstrated skills in providing excellent service to customers
Demonstrated skills in Medical Record review specific to abstraction criteria
Demonstrated ability to apply Quality Improvement methodology
Demonstrated skills in statistical processes and data analysis
Ability to formulate professional data reports and presentations for hospital committees and physician specialty groups
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in Nursing, or clinical healthcare related field and three years of quality improvement experience within a healthcare setting required, OR, seven years of quality improvement experience within a healthcare setting required.
Experience with American College of Cardiology (ACC), and Society for Thoracic Surgeons (STS) data collection, analyses and reporting, or abstracting experience in the applicable clinical area preferred.
Business Unit: Presence St Elizabeth Hosp
Job Function: Professional Services
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability