Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
About the Hiring Company
Harris and Harris is an accounts receivable management organization with over 45 years of experience. At Harris and Harris, the mission is to provide outstanding accounts receivable services with the understanding that our reputation, and that of our clients', is more important than collecting any one account.
Chicago, IL (Loop) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
• Handle an average of 200 inbound and outbound calls from utilities account holders with outstanding balances
• Deliver high quality customer service, respect and professionalism in each call according to the client's specifications
• Be able to give clear directions to account holders on how to resolve their outstanding balances
• Offer payment options to the delinquent account holder, if they cannot pay the outstanding balance in full, and negotiate to the best resolution for the client and company
• Communicate information correctly and enter data accurately
• Process payments using check by phone, credit/debit cards, or Western Union
• Follow up with account holders on established payment plans
• Document all collection activities in the utility client's system
• Keep sensitive information confidential
• Must possess high quality customer service skills
• 2 years of customer service experience in a call center environment preferred
• Must be able to maintain composure on difficult calls and recognize when to escalate the call to a supervisor
• Must understand the importance of attention to detail
• Must have a professional and ethical communication style
• Must possess professional tone of voice
• Must be personally motivated and goal-driven
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment
• Must have working knowledge of standard Windows computer applications
• Ability to toggle between multiple computer systems and screens while speaking with customers
• Professional bilingual skills preferred (Fluent in English and 1 other language)
Must be able to work full-time from 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday and NO weekends!
- Eligible for overtime at $21.00 /hour
Yes -Full Benefits Package