Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is free for job seekers. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. As you move through the hiring process, Skills is your advocate with the hiring company.
Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson , LLP is a national law firm with a practice dedicated to the collection of delinquent accounts receivable for government.
For over 40 years now, Linebarger Goggan has been providing customized collection programs for its public sector clientele. Their services allow our clients to spend more of their time and limited resources on providing the core services their constituents expect, while avoiding unnecessary tax increases and cuts to essential public services. .
Chicago, IL (Willis Tower) - It is accessible by public transportation.
As a Collection Account Representative you are a main point of contact for customers. We are looking for highly motivated team players, who must be able to comprehend and handle complex work assignments, possess strong organizational skills, have exceptional multi-tasking and problem-solving skills. Additionally, excellent communication skills are a must.
- Contact delinquent account holders from across the country by telephone and request payment of the outstanding balance in full
- Create alternative payment plans for the delinquent account holder, if they cannot pay the outstanding balance in full; negotiate to the best resolution for the client and company
- Process payments using check by phone, credit/debit cards, or Western Union
- Make an average of 200 outbound calls a day
- Follow up with account holders on established payment plans
- Document all collection activities
- Recommend what further action should be taken for account holders who default on their payment plans
- Treat each account holder with respect and professionalism
Qualifications & Requirements
- Customer service experience; preferably in a call center environment
- 1 st or 3 rd party collections experience is favorable
- Utilize good problem solving skills
- Able to maintain composure on difficult calls and recognize the need to escalate the call to a supervisor immediately
- Understand the importance of attention to detail
- Must possess high quality customer service skills
- Must have a professional and ethical communication style
- Must be personally motivated and goal-driven
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have intermediate computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to toggle between multiple computer systems and screens while speaking with customers.
- Experience with CUBS (Columbia Ultimate Business Systems) is a plus!
- Professional bilingual skills preferred (Fluent in English and 1 other language)
This position will require an open availability-Monday through Friday (8am-7pm) and Saturday (8am-12pm).
$28K + Uncapped commission (Avg. $1,000)
Yes -Full Benefits Package