Title: Correctional Residents Counselor I- Security Guard
Location: Crossroads ATC, North Lawndale ATC
The Safer Foundation is a Chicago based not-for-profit organization that is a premier provider of services to individuals with arrest and conviction records. Through a full range of services, we focus on preparing individuals for the world of work by helping them find and keep productive and meaningful employment.
The Correctional Residence Counselor I (CRC I ) is responsible for providing supervision and monitoring to residents of Safer’s Adult Transitional Centers. The position primary responsibility is to maintain constant contact and interact with the residents in order to contribute to their successful reentry, while providing for the physical care and security of both the residents and the center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The CRC-I is an entry-level security position that is responsible for the safety and security needs of the residents, staff and visitors at the two all-male residential correctional facilities on Chicago’s Westside..
- Direct supervision, monitoring and safety of residents.
- Control and custody of residents.
- Ensure the safety of all persons and property coming into contact with the centers.
- Manage an assigned post or function.
- Ensures that the maintenance or other duties assigned to the residents are completed in a timely manner.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- One year of work experience
- Ability to work mandatory overtime
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Excellent verbal, reading comprehension and writing skills
- Professional demeanor
- Good work ethic
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in corrections/law enforcement preferred.
Full-time - $ 28,000 (minimum)
Part-time - $13.46 / hour (minimum)
To preview this job in action, please cut and paste this link into your browser: https://vimeo.com/237975666/d9c69a01a8
Apply for CRC-I - Correctional Residents Counselor using the link below:
The Safer Foundation supports, through a full spectrum of services and advocacy,
the efforts of people with arrest and criminal records to become employed, law-abiding members of the community and as a result, reduce recidivism.
Safer Foundation is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Females/Veterans
No Phone Calls Please