Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers into companies. These employers are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
Confidential - Due to privacy regulations, this Chicagoland employer a top security provider cannot release corporate details at this stage of the hiring process. Full employer details will be provided upon your interview with Skills for Chicagoland's Future.
Chicago, IL (Downtown) - It is accessible by public transportation in the area.
The Corporate Recruiter position is based in Chicago and will support a fast-paced growing company that has had sustained growth for more than a decade. Additionally, this individual must have exceptional communication, time management and customer service skills. Experience with applicant tracking systems and social media is preferred. The Corporate Recruiter will be responsible for filling exempt and non-exempt positions and meeting KPI's which are established by the Lead Recruiter or Director of Human Resources.
In this role, you will:
- Source candidates utilizing various methods (i.e., networking, referrals, online searches, internet postings, job/career fairs, local colleges, user/technical groups, etc.)
- Clear understanding of all applicable collective bargaining contracts as they pertain to hiring/selection/transfer/promotion.
- Conduct interviews, document results, coordinate reference/background checks, and manage hiring process for all open positions.
- Develop and maintain active applicant pool of qualified candidates for future openings.
- Lead and/or support staffing initiatives such as selection and implementation of recruitment tools and process improvement efforts.
- Utilize effective recruitment strategies to attract qualified candidates.
- Prepare qualified candidates to interview with hiring managers by providing detailed information on the job descriptions and company/site performance expectations.
- Proficient on various responsibilities relating to employee onboarding.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, social media, and employees.
- Assist in the development and tracking measurables of the recruiting and hiring process so procedures are transparent.
- Administrative duties and recordkeeping.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Our Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred).
- Proven success and ability to execute both tactical and strategic initiatives.
- A sense of urgency to meet the demands of our fast-paced environment.
- Experience with applicant tracking system, basic HR metrics, and process improvement techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven ability to take initiative and build strong productive relationships.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow through.
This is a Full-Time permanent, 40 hours per week position with benefits. First shift from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
$35K - $45K yearly and eligible to participate in a bonus incentive plan