Requisition ID: 66078
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 10105070 Education SMEMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 32
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Coordinator Chest Pain coordinates all systems related to the acute Chest Pain center program. Collaborates within facility with Administration, Chest Pain Center Medical Chest Pain Physician Champion and other key Chest Pain Team members. Collaborates external to facility with other Chest Pain Coordinators throughout and external to Presence Health. Measures indicators for clinical outcome measurement within acute Chest Pain population. Monitors adherence to established protocols for Chest Pain management including evidenced-based care protocols and patient/physician/community education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and facilitates the local Chest Pain Team with the Chest Pain Center Medical Chest Pain Physician Champion.
- Coordinates and assures implementation of system wide acute Chest Pain assessment and treatment response with the Local Chest Pain Team members.
- Develops and maintains clinical protocols; updates as necessary to reflect current evidence-based practice. Arranges for mock ST Elevated Myocardial Infarction (STEMI)/Code 42 drills with all Chest Pain Center members involved.
- Monitors adherence to protocols, tracks variances from protocols and reports outcome data to Local Chest Pain Team, appropriate System teams, and various internal and external parties, including the Joint Commission in accordance with the established Performance Improvement Plan.
- Analyzes, interprets and makes treatment recommendations based on outcome measurement results.
- Ensures compliance with the American College Of Cardiology standards to maintain certification and, coordinating submission to the accrediting body within required time frame.
- Serves as a clinical resource to hospital staff personnel and other health care professionals within the organization and community for complex or highly specialized patient care cases.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Does Not Supervise Associates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred. Minimum one year of experience in direct care of the Chest Pain population.
Basic knowledge of computer software.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Registered Nurse license.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability