Requisition ID: 45622
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Coordinator Bed Control is a Registered Nurse (RN) that practices within the scope of the Illinois Nurse Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized nursing care, based upon knowledge and experience, the nursing process and leadership skills. The Bed Coordinator incorporates the carative factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with the organization's and the nursing division policies, procedures and standards of care.
The Bed Coordinator has the responsibility and accountability for the activities associated with Bed Control in order to ensure appropriate and timely placement of patients throughout the entire hospital.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and follows guidelines, developed in-house, on assigning patients to appropriate units.
- Receives all bed requests, regardless of source and informs applicable parties of bed assignment.
- Matches bed requests to available beds and assigns patients to beds accordingly.
- Knows the current and upcoming staffing arrangements on each unit with in the hospital.
- Performs rounding throughout the hospital to identify available beds on every unit.
- Recognizes and prevents discharge "batching" by floor nurses, especially near the end of shifts that delay patient discharges and unnecessarily utilize patient beds.
- Communicates regularly with all Charge Nurses and Case Managers to identify patients who will be discharged and identify critical care, telemetry, and step-down patients who can be moved to medical/surgery units if patients with high acuity are admitted.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate's degree or equivalent
- At least 2 years of progressive nursing experience.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Acute care nursing experience and previous management experience preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize work.
- Must apply appropriate judgment in dealing with situations requiring confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
Proficient with Windows-style applications and keyboard.
Computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: Nursing Administration RMC