Join Levy Restaurants' fast growing team as they gear up for the upcoming Blackhawks and Bulls seasons! Levy is now hiring culinary professionals with a "can-do" attitude for Cooks and Food Preps to service guests at the United Center! Competitive wages, easy access to the CTA and an amazing atmosphere!
About Skills for Chicagoland's Future
Give yourself a competitive advantage by applying to this role through Skills for Chicagoland's Future (Skills). Skills is a nonprofit organization that partners with organizations across the Chicagoland area to place unemployed and underemployed job seekers with employers that are committed to hiring talent through Skills.
Why utilize Skills for Chicagoland's Future as one of your job search sources?
Skills is your advocate with the hiring company throughout the hiring process. Any job seeker who Skills determines is a match for the role is interviewed by a member of Skills' Talent Acquisition Team and provided with additional insights into the role. Additionally, Skills is free for job seekers.
The Levy family culture has nurtured incredible growth from a single delicatessen in Chicago, to an industry-leading, food organization over 30 years later. Today, Levy creates great dining experiences at restaurants throughout the country and many of the highest profile sporting and entertainment venues in the world. Levy is proud that thousands of guests have savored their food at some of the most celebrated gatherings in our nation: the Super Bowl, NBA and NHL All-Star Games and the Grammy Awards
Overview of Position
Works closely with other Cooks to prepare food in specific area within the Culinary department. Plays an integral role in obtaining ingredients, and high volume food preparation.
- Home games for the Blackhawks and Bulls
- 25-40 hours per week
- Execution of all food preparation as assigned by instruction or the production sheets posted as well as all company standards and recipes
- Responsible for the cleanliness, safety and sanitation of the area designated as work space for Team Members
- Responsible for assisting Sous Chefs Executive Sous Chefs with specific requests
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules and procedure manuals, and recipes
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurements
- Ability to operate specific kitchen equipment and tools (specifically knife skills)
- Ability to problem solve
- Dependability - follow instructions; respond to management direction; communicate frequently; solicit feedback to improve performance
- Must be able to maneuver around the kitchen including bending, pulling, and lifting up to 50 pounds
- 6 months of food preparation or related experience
- Familiar with special cleaning and culinary terminology
- Great ability to operate and knowledge of specific kitchen equipment and tools
Compensation - $11.75 - $13.25 per hour (depending on experience)
Location - 1901 W Madison, Chicago, IL (The United Center)