Requisition ID: 62571
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 20
Employment Status: Part-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Clinical Support Technician is responsible for assisting nurses and other medical staff in providing quality patient care utilizing specialized treatments and procedures in a variety of clinical settings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides direct patient care as assigned by the Registered Nurse. Performs point of care testing, vital signs, heights, weights, collection of urine, ECG tests, and venipuncture.
- Checks and orders supplies, forms, linen, central supply, and equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintains quality, safety, and infection control standards.
- Performs clerical duties and communicates with care team related to progress, concerns, questions, or issues that arise.
- Decontaminates, cleans, maintains, processes, and provides high level disinfection of equipment and supplies as required by the department.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School diploma or GED required. Experience in an acute care setting; ECG competency required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
Previous EMR or EPIC experience is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
BLS Certification is required. Phlebotomy Certification, Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant Certification required.
Monday- Friday (altering hours, 8hr & 4hrs)
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
Department Name: New Beginnings RMC
Job Function: Nursing; Support Services