Requisition ID: 59930
Location: Presence Resurrection Med
7435 West Talcott, Chicago, IL 60631 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Clinical Liaison serves as an advocate for patients in a health care facility beginning with the pre-admission process and continuing until the patient is discharged from the medical facility, if applicable. Clinical Liaison is often the first to assess patients, review their medical records, and determine whether they should be admitted for care. They explain the types of care and services the ministry offers to patients and their families. Clinical Liaison establishes patients' eligibility for care, communicates with families, and interacts with a wide range of staff members, from admissions coordinators to case managers to physicians. In collaboration with the department director, the Clinical Liaison designs, provides and drives innovative marketing strategies geared towards providing education regarding admission criteria and increasing patient admissions for medically complex patients. The Clinical Liaison will meet with referral sources making presentations, assessing patients and building long term relationships. They may also verify health insurance and its coverage, interacting with the providers and the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Facilitate the identification and assessment of future patient admissions, factoring in length of stay and level of acuity which should align with ministry guidelines .
- Responds to referrals from both internal and external sources. Referral sources may include admissions coordinators, case managers, physicians, and insurance representatives.
- Completes pre-admission assessments to determine patient clinical status, medical necessity, and appropriateness for admission. Coordinates information flow between referral source and designated ministry intake staff . Collaborates with designated departments, physicians and appropriate staff on clinical assessment and recommendations.
- Initiates and completes Pre-Admission Screen (PAS) and updates PAS as needed within less than 48 hours prior to admission or in accordance with department guidelines, if applicable. Responsible for managing and maintaining assigned territory or health care facilities through one-on-one dialogue with referral sources, sharing ministry outcomes, and providing ongoing status reports on assigned accounts within assigned territory or healthcare facilities.
- Achieve volume targets for assigned territory and complete weekly territory performance and marketing report. Maintains weekly call logs of liaison activity, if applicable. Maintains customer profiles within assigned territories, if applicable. Uses marketing techniques such as cold calling and customer referral management.
- Works with the Department Director to bring awareness of the organization's services, outcomes reports, community events and other pertinent information to the community at large.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Three years of related work experience required. Position can be held by any of the following clinicians based upon level of care: A) Graduate of an accredited nursing program required or B) Graduate of an accredited Respiratory Care Program required or C) Candidates must be graduates of an approved school of Physical Therapy in accordance with the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education or D) Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program required.
College degree required. Associate's degree with clinical licensure or Bachelor's degree without clinical licensure. Clinical licensure preferred are Registered Nurse, Registered Respiratory Therapist or Case Manager - RN,
Two years of former marketing/marketing experience required. Demonstrated healthcare marketing experience which can include development of marketing materials, educating the referral source, persistent follow up and follow through on all leads as well as demonstrated experience working in a clinical setting directly involved with patient diagnosis and/or assessing acuity for complex patient preferred.
Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiar with electronic clinical documentation.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Position can be held by any of the following clinicians: Registered Nurse with a current Illinois License required; or NBRC credentialed Registered Respiratory Therapist; or Current State of Illinois license in Physical Therapy; or Occupational Therapist with current Illinois License
Valid driver's license and proof of valid auto insurance required.
Business Unit: Presence Resurrection Med Cntr
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability