Requisition ID: 44493
Location: Presence St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60657 United States (US)
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
The Certified Sterile Processing Technician under general supervision performs all duties involving the decontamination, cleaning, assembly and sterilization of surgical instruments, packaging/sterilization of supplies according to established guidelines. Receives stocks, picks and distributes supplies to all requesting Presence Health departments. Distributes, sets up, cleans, and sterilizes patient care equipment. Inventories and fills exchange/par, procedure, case, and crash carts. Completes the required manual functions for reconciliation of Sterile Processing Department (SPD) supplies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives sorts, inspects, decontaminates and cleans all instrumentation and equipment according to established procedure. Removes damaged instrumentation needing repair from service and arranges for service and/or recommends replacement.
- Loads and operates automatic washer/disinfector and/or automatic cart washer according to established procedures and applicable safety regulations. Some manual cleaning may be necessary.
- Loads and operates sterilization equipment according to established procedures and safety regulations. Maintains accurate sterilization records, maintaining all service reports and monitoring records related to sterilizers.
- Checks in and stocks shelves with incoming product, reporting problems to appropriate personnel according to a previously established schedule. Fills and delivers weekly and demand stock orders. Completes all related paperwork and computer entries required to complete above processes. Performs all cleaning duties in department as needed, and maintains the department according to established guidelines and regulations, free of safety hazards.
- Processes orders for patient equipment, delivering and/or retrieving as required. As needed, cleans and prepares equipment, checking for proper function, and arranging for repair/replacement if necessary.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all task and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School or equivalent and completion of an accredited Central Supply Technician course required. Minimum one month of related experience required.
Operating Room or Central Processing Experience and knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications.
Knowledge of an MMS (material management system), and Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Outlook, Word) is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certification as Central Supply Technician (CBSPD)
Business Unit: Presence St Joseph Hsp Chicago
Department Name: Sterile Supply-PSJHC