Requisition ID: 67347
Ministry: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Location: Presence St Mary Chicago
2233 West Division Street, Chicago, IL 60622 United States (US)
Department: 20800265 Midwives PSMEMC
Daily Hours: 8
Standard Hours: 40
Employment Status: Full-time
Employment Type: Regular
A certified nurse midwife (CNM) practices within the scope of the Advanced Practice Act to ensure the delivery of comprehensive, high quality, individualized care, based upon knowledge and experience, medical staff bylaws and rules and regulations, the Hospital's and department policies and leadership skills. The CNM incorporates the carative factors of human care and performs established procedures in accordance with the organization's and the OB Department's policies, procedures, and standards of care.
The CNM is a specialty health care practitioner who provides midwifery services to individuals and families. The CNM is adept at diagnosing and managing normal pregnancy (prenatal, postpartum, intrapartum) and women's health needs, and emphasizes health promotion and disease prevention. Services include, but are not limited to, ordering, conducting and interpreting diagnostic and laboratory tests, prescribing medications, and teaching and counseling individuals and families. The Midwife Partner Group provides 24/7-365 coverage of the Hospital based midwife practice patients. The certified nurse midwife agrees to strictly abide and adhere to the principles set forth in the Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Healthcare Services approved by the National Conference of Catholic Bishops and as formulated by the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Adheres to the mission, values and philosophy of Presence Health (PH).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Will, in partnership with other midwife team members, provide 24/7-365 coverage of the hospital based midwife practice patients. This will be accomplished through assignment of office and on call scheduled hours.
2. Manages antepartum, intrapartum, postpartum, and immediate neonatal care of patients in accordance with the Medical staff bylaws and rules and regulations, nursing and advanced practice nursing act.
3. Reports for assigned office hours caring for patients for prenatal, postpartum and women health appointments.
4. Examines patient during pregnancy. Utilizes physical findings, laboratory test results, and patient's statements to evaluate condition and ensure that patient's progress is normal. Maintains medical records of cases by recording the patient's medical, obstetrical, family, socio-economic, and dietary history in order to monitor the progress of the patient's health status.
5. Prescribes medications within guidelines of collaborative agreement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a Master's degree in nursing
- Minimum of one year of midwife experience preferred
- Basic computer experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB)
- Current Illinois APN Certified Nurse Midwife license
- Current CPR certification required
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification required
- Active member of American College of Nurse Midwives (ACNM) preferred
- Must be eligible for DEA Certificate
- Current Illinois Controlled Substance License
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking preferred
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Business Unit: Presence St Mary Hosp SMEMC
Job Function: Nursing
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability